Services Provided

Production Sound Mixing for Television, Commercials, and Films

What will be covered

The "Matthew Freed Audio" blog will cover topics related to audio recording, mixing, and post production for music, TV, film, commercial, and corporate work.

I encourage anyone and everyone to contact me with questions, comments, corrections, or additional insight! While I do know a tremendous amount about audio I don't pretend to know everything. If I post something inaccurate, call me on it and correct me. If you want clarification, ask for it. If you find a post or part of a post extremely helpful, I'd love to hear about it.

I hope to dispel myths about audio, reinforce facts, and offer insight regarding sound, audio equipment, tips and tricks, and opinions on right or wrong methods. I am a firm believer there are extremely few hard and fast "right" or "wrong" ways to handle audio but I do feel there are good general practices.

My website has a few examples of my work, clients and credits, and a short list of gear: www.matthewfreed.com

For anyone curious, I have been working full time with sound for nearly 12 years. I have spent countless hours in the studio, on location, and mixing FOH (front-of-house). My focus has always been solely on audio; I'm not a cameraman who dabbles in audio and I'm not new to this. I love the possibilities of sound and how it can work in conjunction with visuals!