Services Provided

Production Sound Mixing for Television, Commercials, and Films

Zaxcom 900lt and 900m

I recently received the new Zaxcom 900LT transmitter and 900M receiver. At first I was getting very limited range between the transmitter and receiver while in Minneapolis. However, after a couple quick software tweaks and some additional testing the range was at normal specs for the unit. It easily rivals a Lectrosonics SMQV and 411 for range but the sound quality is much better and the Zaxcom truly does sound like a hard-wired mic!

A couple days later I was in Los Angeles for a shoot and figured I would stop by Coffey Sound to pick up some additional gear. The folks at Coffey did an additional range test with me and we got roughly 300 feet using the stock antennas on the Tx and Rx. A shark fin would certainly give additional range but I have yet to try it out (soon though).

I also recently heard the FCC may be auctioning off additional UHF frequency space (this is in addition to the recent auctioning of frequencies above 700mhz). So, the microSD card recorder built in to the Zaxcom may well become absolutely critical in the coming years.