Services Provided

Production Sound Mixing for Television, Commercials, and Films
This past week I mixed episodes of "Fatal Attractions" on Animal Planet, "Kendra" on E! and "The Biggest Loser" on NBC. While working on "Kendra" and "The Biggest Loser" I had a handful of Lectrosonics 411 receivers and either SM transmitters or UM400a. I had not used Lectros since purchasing my Zaxcom 900LT and 900M and using the Lectros made me appreciate the Zaxcom's even more! Now, this isn't to say the Lectro are not good wireless units, they are very good and I've always been happy using them. However, I do notice an audio quality difference between the Zaxcom 900LT / 900M combo and the Lectro 4xx series. The Zaxcom's simply sound better. Plain and simple. There is no analog companding or hiss at quieter leveles. There is no inherent or noticeable noise floor. And, the built in recording function, limiting capabilities, variable high pass filter, and other features of the 900LT make it head and shoulders better in the field.

Wireless frequencies truly are getting more and more crowded all over the US and the rest of the world. Digital TV isn't doing us audio mixers any favors! So, having the built in recording function of the 900LT (and as an add on for the 900A and 900AA) makes worrying about RF hits less of an issue. There is still a very high priority put on getting that radio signal to the receiver the first time around but in a pinch the micro-SD recorder can save your butt (and productions budget).

Yeah, I'm definitely a convert.